Centurion at Africa’s Elite Energy Event
Centurion’s participation in the Africa Oil & Power conference is not only a strategic one, but one that demonstrates the group’s Pan-African, Pro-African approach. Centurion CEO, NJ Ayuk was a panelist and speaker at this year’s AOP conference. Centurion also had its own stand at the very first AOP exhibition.
The conference theme Energy Coalitions opened the door to discussions on collaboration between the public and private sectors, new government partnerships, alliances between the petroleum and power sectors, and more.
At the end of the first day of AOP 2018, Mr. Ayuk announced the Big Five Energy Awards recipients at a gala dinner held exclusively for ministers, secretaries general and delegates attending the conference. The award ceremony honored industry leaders who have excelled in the field the previous year, and included a Lifetime Achievement award presented to Prince Arthur Eze, Chairman of Atlas-Oranto Petroleum and an Africa Oil Man of the Year award presented to H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General of OPEC.
Mr. Ayuk was also part of a panel discussion on Public-Private Partnerships on the last day of the conference, which looked at institutional support for local content development, its legislation, private sector relationships with government and the participation of the private sector in public projects. Centurion’s CEO launched his book, Big Barrels, in French, Spanish and German at AOP 2018.
- April 8, 2021Mozambique attacks impact SA businesses
- March 31, 2021Centurion Plus – A Stroke of Luck amid a Global Economic Crisis
- March 30, 2021The Central Bank of Nigeria’s Naira for Dollar Scheme
- March 26, 2021Clarification of the Territoriality of Vat on Services by the 2021 Financial Law of Cameroon
- March 25, 2021What impact will the AfCFTA have on the oil and gas industry?