Big Barrels is About Finding Solutions
CEO of Centurion Law Group NJ Ayuk was interviewed by Deutsche Welle, Germany’s public international broadcaster, on Thursday. The interview focused on the launch of his new book, Big Barrels: African Oil and Gas and the Quest for Prosperity.
“The problem is, when you look at the natural resource sector, it has always been plagued by issues like mismanagement and poor governance. But we have to change that. My generation of Africans has to start looking for a way forward, and say ‘Can we focus on solutions? Can we find new models that can make Africa better and Africa successful?’ And that is what Big Barrels is about,” Ayuk said during the interview.
Co-written with João Marques, Big Barrels highlights specific case studies of what African countries have done right in oil and gas, such as Ghana, which has developed a strong regulatory framework that benefits the country.
- April 15, 2021What it means for the Competition Regulatory Authority (CRA) to be operational in Mozambique
- April 13, 2021The SEC’s circular on the trading of foreign securities by investment platforms in Nigeria
- April 8, 2021Mozambique attacks impact SA businesses
- March 31, 2021Centurion Plus – A Stroke of Luck amid a Global Economic Crisis
- March 30, 2021The Central Bank of Nigeria’s Naira for Dollar Scheme