Hear first hand insights from these expert speakers and more
Sibusiso Gamede, Special Advisor to Minister of Energy, Group Counsel, Strategic Fuel Fund (SSF) Association, Central Energy Fund (CEF) Group. Ministry of Energy, South Africa
Raphael Mgaya, Senior Legal Counsel. Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation
Julia Dias, Chefe de Gabinete de Assessoria Juridica (Legal Director). Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH), Mozambique
Dr Justina Akyeampong, Chief Legal Officer. Ghana National Petroleum Corporation
Engr Linus Gitonga, Director of Petroleum. Energy Regulatory Commission, Kenya
NJ Ayuk, Managing Partner. Centurion LLP
Don’t Miss the Pre-Conference Masterclass “Best Practices on Negoriating and Managing Oil & Gas Contracts”
Why This is a Must Attend Event
- The only authoritative event in the region bringing together energy regulators, NOCs, IOCs and all stakeholders in the oil and gas supply chain
- Stay current with the latest updates and analysis of regulations from major and emerging oil and gas jurisdictions in Africa
- Acquire strategies to successfully mitigate legal risks and avoid costly legal pitfalls
- Inculcate a pre-emptive analytical “lawyer” mindset
- Create a winning strategy to handle disputes and litigation
- Receive expert inside knowledge of Africa’s complicated and sometimes protective legal environment
- Be absolutely clear on mainstay oil and gas issues especially in regions where legal uncertainties exist
- Be apprised of the potential areas of liability that could arise in the future
- Learn from experts and practitioners through numerous case studies
A Timely, Must-Attend Event for Oil & Gas Professionals.
To enquire, call Elisa at +65 6391 2543 or email email@example.com today!
Steer Clear of the Multitude of Legal Pitfalls in Africa’s Oil & Gas Sector
This Summit comes at an exciting time for Africa’s oil and gas industry as it continues its stride to become a global oil and gas powerhouse. Backed by recent massive discoveries in various parts of the region along with increasing pressures from both government and commercial entities, regulations are expected to get more sophisticated.
In order to mitigate the risks and address the opportunities brought by large scale exploration and production activities, various countries such as South Africa, Tanzania and Mozambique are planning and implementing changes to their oil and gas regulations.
Join us at the Africa Oil & Gas Legal Summit 2014 where the top and most respected legal counsels and experts – each carefully handpicked for their authority and accolades – will gather over two power-packed days to provide you with critical updates and expert analysis of the continent’s dynamic oil and gas legalities.
Calling All Legal,Tax & Advisory Firms!
This is an exceptional platform for your organization to stand out and be featured alongside the power players in the industry plus leveraging on our platform to increase your thought leadership in front of the very people that matters to your business.
Showcase your firms capabilities, competency and accolades! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Premium Speaking Package which comes with a prime speaking slot, branding, and delegate tickets.
Who Will Attend?
- Senior executives and management of oil and gas companies
- Senior personnel of energy ministries and national oil companies
- Commercial, economic and technical professionals
- In-house legal counsels
- Arbitrators and mediators interested in oil and gas disputes
- Advisors, consultants, development banks and financial institutions
- Professional engineers and insurance specialists
- Risk managers, assessors and audit firms
- Independent utility managers and consumers of oil and gas such as petro-chemical and aluminium companies
- Updates to South Africa’s oil and gas regulations in light of game-changing shale discoveries and recent major changes passed in Parliament, with presentations of case studies of joint operating agreements under the South Africa context
- Legal and fiscal regime of the oil and gas industry in Tanzania and key drivers behind recent changes in frameworks and fiscal incentives, including case studies of PSCs and agreements from TPDC
- Mozambique’s oil and gas regulations updates
- Kenya oil and gas legislation updates
- Understanding the latest tax and other onerous fiscal obligations in major and emerging oil and gas hubs in Africa
- Case Studies of legal issues to look out for surrounding O&G infrastructure projects such as major pipeline undertakings between countries
- Best practice strategies in managing production sharing contracts & joint operating agreements
- Issues in arbitration and dispute resolution when navigating through legal grey areas
- Mergers and acquisitions in oil and gas industry and criteria for a sound partnership in E&P projects
- Steps to mitigate risks from environmental lawsuits, especially so as Africa has 5 of the top 10 polluters by volume for flare gas
- Compliance and enforcement Issues plus Risk Allocation in oil and gas contracts
- Litigating against government Agencies & Checklists of dos and don’ts
- Review of common problems associated with industry contracts including Operating Agreements, Asset Sale and Purchase Agreements, Farmouts and Exploration Agreements, Industry Service Agreements and other types of Oil & Gas Industry Contracts
The Only Platform for You to Meet with the Relevant Authorities and Experts to Safely Navigate Africa’s Challenging and Unpredictable Legal Landscape
Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton
Address: 20 Maude Street, Sandown, Sandton 2146. Johannesburg, South Africa
Phone: +27 11 322 5000
Contact: Anneri Ras, Banqueting Co-ordinator
Register & Pay before January 24 and save US$500!
To register, call Elisa at +65 6391 2543 or email email@example.com today!
Centurion Law Group is a pan-African corporate law conglomerate. Operating at the cutting edge of business practices today, Centurion stands ready to provide outsourced legal representation and a full suite of legal services to new, expanding and established corporations.
From our headquarters in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, and from our affiliate and partner offices throughout Africa, we specialise in assisting clients that are starting or growing a business on the continent. We navigate the regulatory environments of Africa’s different legal jurisdictions to make sure that you can do business efficiently and successfully.