Our philosophy is to deliver personalized legal services so as to meet the varying business needs of our emerging and established clients. Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors – energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; finance, transport; technology and innovation.
Our energy lawyers have a clear understanding of the practical implications that legislation pertaining to this sector has on our clients’ business thus enabling them to uniquely apply legislation within the energy sector. Our energy experts have worked at major energy companies and giving our clients’ a distinct advantage when seeking our expertise in this field.
By providing expert legal advice in energy projects and exploring new frontiers, our lawyers continue to support industry innovation through our clients who continue to drive technological and geographical limitations of the industry.
Our reputation has earned us the trust of prestigious clients, from leading private African and international independent operators and service providers to African governmental agencies and ministerial bodies in the hottest African energy markets.
As a result, Centurion is at the centre of Africa’s landmark energy deals and projects, successfully advising on the continent’s leading energy transactions.
- Advising international oil companies in the preparation and negotiation of PSCs in West, Southern and East Africa.
- Acting as counsel to major international oil drilling service providers in upstream projects across Africa.
- Combined downstream gas monetization strategies for upstream operators looking to increase supply integration, as well as investors looking to monetize their assets.
- Ensuring local regulatory compliance in key energy markets with evolving local content regulations and providing efficient and solution-driven mediation for leading international EPC and services companies looking at increasing their compliance to domestic capacity building requirements.
- Advising foreign and African companies on establishing legal entities, branches, and representative offices, and on conducting business in key African oil markets, handling all related corporate, commercial, employment, immigration and tax maters.
- Been pivotal in structuring, negotiation, and implementation of some of largest oil and gas projects in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Acted as legal advisor to several African governments for the establishment of full legal and fiscal frameworks for mining and hydrocarbons.
- Acted as legal advisor to the governments of Equatorial Guinea and South Sudan on their local content policies and framework, and drafted each country’s national content regulations.
- Developed tailored programs for the training of African government officials on local content and the capacity building of African law firms and lawyers.
- Acted as legal advisor to several African governments on a series of transactions involving Government-to-Government sales of LNG to various African countries.
- Facilitated negotiations for Equatorial Guinea and Congo to enter OPEC.
Founding member: African Energy Chamber
Member: Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
November 5, 2020Regulatory Sandboxing under the recently enacted National Payment systems Act 2020 in Uganda
October 27, 2020Mozambique: New Regulations on the Licensing of Petroleum facilities and Operations
October 16, 2020Download: Intellectual Property Practice Brochure
October 12, 2020The COVID-19 pandemic: an opportunity for the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) to unlock Africa’s full potential
September 30, 2020Mauritius as an Attractive option for the Entertainment Industry