We cover all facets of corporate law, from major regional business transactions to providing advice and daily counsel to small- and medium-sized businesses.
Our practice encompasses the area of general corporate and commercial law. Our lawyers are highly skilled in specific areas such as acquisitions and divestitures, taxation and regulatory compliance. The diverse skills of the members of our Corporate Law team allow us to provide a complete range of business law services. We are able to adapt and respond to our clients’ specific business needs, no matter how complex they are.
We also familiarize international corporate clients with corporate and civil law matters in real estate, foreign investment, acquiring property rights, leasing properties, and joint investment agreements throughout Africa.
More Recent Transactions
- Advised a US utility in the structuring of a USD 2 billion stranded cost bond financing (including legislative, lobbying and structured finance transactional matters) in an African country.
- Successfully represented a leading service company on the local tax implications of their merger and acquisition.
- Assisted a major international telecommunications company on shareholder and tax issues.
- Provided due diligence, contract negotiation and closing of acquisition of an oilfield service company.
- Represented an American provider of commercial cleaning, sanitation and hygiene solutions in distribution agreements contracts in Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon and Ghana.
- Advised one of the world’s largest multinational food suppliers in connection with trademarks and intellectual property issues in Africa.
- Advised a major US oil and gas company in relation to an existing production sharing contract in Equatorial Guinea
- Advised a Chinese investor on the acquisition of a controlling position in an Equatorial Guinean company.
- Represented a client in connection with the purchase of company holding interests in the marginal oil fields program in Nigeria.
- Currently involved in numerous transactions involving the transfer of securities and company re-structuring.
January 27, 2021The AfCFTA; A key to mitigate the effects of the Covid-19 Pandemic in Africa
January 22, 2021The Autonomy of Oil & Gas Regulators
January 21, 2021The AfCFTA: Future of Sports and Entertainment in an Economically United Africa
December 17, 2020Angola’s Ongoing privatisation programme: What opportunities?
December 9, 2020Tax administration in Guinea: A reorganization up to the challenges!