BANKING AND FINANCE
Centurion Law Group’s lawyers have a unique understanding of your priorities and objectives. Our ability to provide practical, decisive advice concerning day-to-day management decisions is unmatched. Our practice includes counseling clients on developments in regulatory issues and obligations, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering law (BSA/AML), security evaluation and enforcement.
Timing and attention to detail are critical to financial institutions and corporations engaged in structuring loan transactions. When negotiating agreements and preparing documentation in any situation, we act with speed and accuracy.
We participate in disputes arising out of credit transactions on behalf of lenders or borrowers. Such disputes may relate to collections, guarantees, security assessment and realization, priority of claims, or the enforcement of rights in bankruptcy and receivership. The breadth of our background in litigation is an asset in negotiating equitable out-of-court settlements and, if necessary, effectively representing our clients at trial.
Most Recent Transactions:
- Currently advising a Big Four accounting firm with regard to VAT and other tax issues.
- Advised a US utility on the structuring of a USD 2 billion stranded cost bond financing (including legislative, lobbying and structured finance transactional matters) in an African country.
- Currently advising an international bank on the construction financing and related matters of a major development project in Equatorial Guinea.
- April 15, 2021What it means for the Competition Regulatory Authority (CRA) to be operational in Mozambique
- April 13, 2021The SEC’s circular on the trading of foreign securities by investment platforms in Nigeria
- April 8, 2021Mozambique attacks impact SA businesses
- March 31, 2021Centurion Plus – A Stroke of Luck amid a Global Economic Crisis
- March 30, 2021The Central Bank of Nigeria’s Naira for Dollar Scheme