On 8 December, the National Assembly received the 2021 Finance Bill (the Bill) for consideration and eventual passage. As a build-on of the 2020 version, the Bill seeks to amend multiple laws such as the; the Capital Gains Act; Stamp Duties Act, Personal Income Tax Act; Companies Income Tax Act; Tertiary Education Trust Fund (Establishment Act) etc.
An update will be provided when the Act is finally passed by the National Assembly. We have highlighted some of the changes proposed by the Act and set them below;
Centurion Law Group’s Tax services
Our Centurion tax team comprises tax experts, lawyers, accountants and business professionals who advice on a range of complex tax and regulatory compliance issues across Africa.
The Centurion Tax Desk provides the following services in all African Countries:
- Transaction advisory, planning and structuring
- Business reorganisations, mergers, disposals, etc. advisory and support
- Direct and indirect tax compliance
- Dispute resolution and controversy management
- Audit and investigation support
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax insights
- Tax reporting