Equatorial Guinea launches oil and gas licensing and mining round at APPO Cape VII
H.E Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, President of Equatorial Guinea, launched the country’s oil and gas and mining licensing round during the African Petroleum Producers’ Organization (
The licensing round will feature 24 offshore and two onshore blocks. Among the blocks on offer is gas-rich Block R, previously held by Ophir Energy, which consists of the Fortuna floating liquefied natural gas project.
Other blocks on offer include EG-27, EG-23 – located northwest of the Alba gas-condensate field, EG-07, 08,12, 14, 25 and 30 surrounding Bioko Island. Other available blocks include EG-05, 9, 10, 13, 15,16,17 and 22.
The former Corisco Deep block, now known as EG-28, is also available. Four areas around Annobon Island – EA-01, 02, 03 and 04 – complete the bidding round.
As the country’s first Mining Ronda, the Rio Muni Basin is also on offer and has shown evidence of bauxite, coltan, diamonds and gold, as well as other minerals.
Consultancy firm, Perceptum will serve as the exclusive agent of the Ministry of Mines and Hydrocarbons and has prepared data sets and promotional materials for the licensing round. The data room is now open.
Learn more about the licensing round and opportunities available on the official EG Ronda website.
- April 13, 2021The SEC’s circular on the trading of foreign securities by investment platforms in Nigeria
- April 8, 2021Mozambique attacks impact SA businesses
- March 31, 2021Centurion Plus – A Stroke of Luck amid a Global Economic Crisis
- March 30, 2021The Central Bank of Nigeria’s Naira for Dollar Scheme
- March 26, 2021Clarification of the Territoriality of Vat on Services by the 2021 Financial Law of Cameroon