Gas-to-Power Can Drive African Industry
NJ Ayuk, CEO of Centurion Law Group, was interviewed by DW News on how Africa can use its oil and gas resources to benefit the continent.
“The bright, big idea is gas-to-power — that is going to be the big thing. I always say, you cannot run industries with generators. You really have to turn your game up, use your resources locally and really drive growth,” Ayuk said in the interview. “Because when you drive growth within Africa, everybody participates, and I think that is the future of the African oil and gas industry.”
The interviewer talks about Ayuk’s book, Big Barrels: African Oil and Gas and the Quest for Prosperity, and asks why Africa should rely on its oil and gas resources for growth.
Watch the full interview here:
Ayuk co-wrote Big Barrels with João Marques to highlight examples of success in the African oil and gas industry. The book is available for purchase here.
- April 15, 2021What it means for the Competition Regulatory Authority (CRA) to be operational in Mozambique
- April 13, 2021The SEC’s circular on the trading of foreign securities by investment platforms in Nigeria
- April 8, 2021Mozambique attacks impact SA businesses
- March 31, 2021Centurion Plus – A Stroke of Luck amid a Global Economic Crisis
- March 30, 2021The Central Bank of Nigeria’s Naira for Dollar Scheme