Africa Energy Frontiers: Mozambique
The Africa Energy Frontiers series profiles Africa’s up-and-coming oil and gas nations. Since 2015, we have published overviews of petroleum legislation, recent activities, major projects and tax considerations in nearly 20 African jurisdictions, from South Sudan to South Africa. Now, we look at Mozambique.
With the second-largest gas resources in Africa, Mozambique made international headlines for its record-breaking offshore gas discoveries starting in 2010. Two LNG projects are in the pipeline, a rapidly improving regulatory framework is in place, and the government is aggressively pursuing international investors: Mozambique could quickly become one of Africa’s top gas producers.
- April 8, 2021Mozambique attacks impact SA businesses
- March 31, 2021Centurion Plus – A Stroke of Luck amid a Global Economic Crisis
- March 30, 2021The Central Bank of Nigeria’s Naira for Dollar Scheme
- March 26, 2021Clarification of the Territoriality of Vat on Services by the 2021 Financial Law of Cameroon
- March 25, 2021What impact will the AfCFTA have on the oil and gas industry?