Channel Africa Interviews NJ Ayuk on Big Barrels
NJ Ayuk, CEO of Centurion Law Group, was interviewed by Channel Africa, an international radio station based in South Africa, on his new book, Big Barrels: African Oil and Gas and the Quest for Prosperity.
In Big Barrels, Ayuk makes the case for African oil and gas, and takes aim at the idea that Africa is subject a “resource curse.”
“There is some truth to it, but there are also a lot of good things that are coming out of Africa’s natural resources when it comes to empowering people, when it comes to creating value within Africa,” said Ayuk in the interview.
“We don’t want to be stuck with the problems, with the negatives. We have to tell Africa’s story, and there are solutions. …. My generation should focus on the solutions to solve the natural resource curse in Africa.”
The book, co-written with João Marques, highlights specific case studies of what African countries have done right in oil and gas.
Listen to the interview here:
- April 8, 2021Mozambique attacks impact SA businesses
- March 31, 2021Centurion Plus – A Stroke of Luck amid a Global Economic Crisis
- March 30, 2021The Central Bank of Nigeria’s Naira for Dollar Scheme
- March 26, 2021Clarification of the Territoriality of Vat on Services by the 2021 Financial Law of Cameroon
- March 25, 2021What impact will the AfCFTA have on the oil and gas industry?