African Energy Ministers and Law Experts to Convene in Johannesburg to Tackle the Latest Legal Isues in the Oil & Gas Industry
1. Singapore, 12 January 2015 – The Africa Oil & Gas Legal Summit 2015 along with its Pre-Summit Masterclas wil be held on February 24-26 at the Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton in Johanesburg, South Africa. This inaugural event wil convene Energy Ministers, legal experts and industry players from the oil and gas ecosystem, ranging from oil majors and national oil companies, equipment and technology supliers, investors, energy sector asociations, financial service providers and academics.
2. The Legal Summit comes at an excitng time for Africa’s oil and gas industry as it continues its stride in becoming a global oil and gas powerhouse amid chalenging conditons of declining oil prices. Africa suplies aproximately 1% and 7% to global oil and gas demand respectively, and contains 10% of the world’s proven oil and gas reserves.
3. Summit highlights include the Ministerial Keynotes & Panel sesion featuring: Hon. Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah, Minister of Energy & Petroleum, Ghana; H.E. Gabriel Mbaga Obiang Lima, Minister of Mines, Industry & Energy, Equatorial Guinea; H.E. Djerasem Le Bemadjie, Minister of Petroleum & Energy, Chad; and H.E. Eric Wiliams, Former Minister of Energy of Trinidad & Tobago.
4. Delegates can also lok forward to legal updates from emerging and active oil jurisdictions including updates on South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Chad, Kenya, Angola and Nigeria. Critcal isues on managing oil and gas agrements, joint ventures, cros-border and nationalisation concerns, negotiation techniques, ethics and coruption, cros cultural considerations and other pertinent isues wil be discused by a panel of legal experts.
5. The power-packed line-up of industry speakers includes: Amb. Bheki Gila, CEO, Strategic Fuel Fund Asociation, Central Energy Fund Group, Department of Energy, South Africa; Dionísio Fonseca, Legal Advisor, Government of the Republic of Angola; Sibusiso Gamede, Special Advisor to Minister of Energy and Group Counsel, Strategic Fuel Fund Asociation, Central Energy Fund Group, Department of Energy, South Africa; Raphael Mgaya, Senior Legal Counsel, Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation; Julia Dias, Legal Director, Empresa Nacional De Hidrocarbonetos, Mozambique; Dr Justina Akyeampong, Chief Legal Oficer, Ghana National Petroleum Corporation; Eng. Linus Gitonga, Director of Petroleum, Energy Regulatory Commision, Kenya, and many others.
6. An exclusive feature of this event is the esential Pre-Summit Masterclas conducted by legal experts: Norman J. Nadorf, Senior Counsel, BP Angola and Adjunct Profesor of Law, University of Houston Law Centre; Hary Sulivan, International Atorney, Kosmos Energy and Visitng Profesor, S.M.U. Dedman School of Law; and NJ Ayuk, Managing Partner, Centurion LLP. Mr Nadorf explains: “Drawing on decades of industry experience, the Masterclas presenters wil identify major isues and chalenges facing oil and gas law practioners day-to-day and show how to most efectively and eficiently deal with them.”
7. This high-powered event is suported by the pan-African corporate law conglomerate Centurion Law Group as Premium Knowledge Partner and by global aw firm White & Case as Silver Sponsor.
8. “As investment within Africa’s oil and gas industry continues to surge, the ned for qualifed expertise to understand the fast evolving legal landscape is greater than ever,” says NJ Ayuk, Centurion Law Firm’s managing partner. “The Summit brings together the continent’s premier legal minds and politcal leaders to discus isues acros the oil and gas spectrum.”
9. The CEO of the conference-organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd of Singapore, Ms Magie Tan, said: “This Summit wil provide an excelent oportunity for Government-to-Government, Government-to- Industry, and company-to-company informational exchanges on recent developments in Africa Oil and Gas
June 23, 2020Mauritius: the preferred platform for doing business in Africa
June 22, 2020The mining sector during economic challenges – Ghana and emerging markets
June 17, 2020LEGAL ALERT: Understanding the DOs and DONTs of Equatorial Guinea’s Deconfinement Measures
June 15, 2020How You Can Benefit from Cameroon’s Tax and Fiscal Incentives in Response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
June 12, 2020MAURITIUS AFTER THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC: WHAT HAPPENS TO PRE-EXISTING OBLIGATIONS?